الكاتب:
اللقب:
سندريلا ليلاس

البيانات
التسجيل: Aug 2006
العضوية: 11023
المشاركات: 5,556
الجنس أنثى
معدل التقييم: darla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عالي
نقاط التقييم: 758

االدولة
البلدBarbados

مدونتي

الإتصالات
الحالة:
darla غير متواجد حالياً
وسائل الإتصال:

كاتب الموضوع : darla المنتدى : الارشيف
افتراضي

Chapter 12
H ow could Emma tell him the truth? How could she explain that it wasn’t her soul, or the demons, or even the vampires, as frightening as they were, that she was so afraid of—it was him. She was afraid that he’d already stolen her heart, and he was going to leave her, and take it with him.

She was afraid of going back to Wolvesrain, and living the way she had before. Alone, with nothing to look forward to, and no one to share her hopes and dreams with. To live like a ghost in a crumbling old castle.

“I’m not sure how you feel, exactly. I’m not sure what you want from me. Where you see this thing we have between us, going.” There, she’d said it. She’d opened up, and told him her fears. And he did the worst thing he could do. He didn’t say a word. Instead he got up and walked across the room. Disappointment filled her as she watched his retreat. Did he just not care?

He stopped in front of a cabinet and took out a large jagged stone filled with beautiful clusters of lavender and purple. She watched him with her heart lodged in her throat as he walked back and sat in front of her. He placed the crystal in her hand.

“This is called an amethyst. It will bring you inspiration and insight. Now look into the crystal, focus on the colors, on the movement within the stone.”

She stared intently at the stone, trying to keep the tears at bay and concentrate as he asked, on the stone, on anything but the ache in her heart. But she couldn’t.

“Trust me, Emma.”

She looked at him, her eyes locking on his. “I want to.”

“I don’t want anything to happen to you. We have to concentrate on beating the demon. Then and only then, can we see about everything else. Okay?”

He was so practical, rational, logical. Male. She nodded. He was right. But even as she tried to do as he asked, tried to focus on the stone, she found her mind drifting. She closed her eyes slightly, peering at him from under her lashes, watching his every move, the rise and fall of his chest as he breathed, the slight tilt of his head as he concentrated on the amethyst.

She thought of the intensity of his gaze. The endless blue of his eyes that sent longing tripping down her spine. Surely he could feel how much he moved her, and how much she wanted him to notice her, to think of her the same way she was thinking about him.

No, he was too busy focusing, or meditating, or whatever you called it. She wanted to know what it would feel like to be touched by him, to touch him. To be encircled in his arms and held close. How she wished she had the nerve to press her lips up against his, to—

“Emma?”

Caught. A guilty smile moved her lips.

“You okay? If you lose focus, you lose.”

“I know,” she whispered. There was nothing wrong with her focus, she thought, as she stared at his lips, his hands, the hard lines of muscles protruding from his sleeveless shirt. She just couldn’t seem to focus on what he wanted her to focus on, on the crystal he was holding in his hands.

“Here,” he said, and scooted behind her, nestling close to her back, too close. She could feel him all around her, his warmth, the hard lines of his chest. His scent drifted through her, teasing her.

He lifted the crystal in front of them. “Now take hold,” he said softly into her ear, the rich tone of his voice reaching deep inside her to stoke fires already inflamed.

“Like this?” she whispered. She took a deep breath and held the crystal.

He cupped his hands under hers. “Now focus on the striations deep within the stone. Notice how they splinter, follow the shadows, then focus on the essence with in you.”

“Essence?” Oh, God. His breath, warm on her ear, heated her skin and stole her breath. She couldn’t move, couldn’t concentrate on anything but his skin against hers.

“Picture it as a flower, a large white lotus sitting at the base of your spine. Now look into the crystal and picture the petals opening, one by one.”

Her pulse thundered in her ears. She could barely hear him. Why couldn’t she breathe? She let out a soft whimper, and turned slightly in his arms, her hooded gaze catching his. He stopped talking and stared at her, his eyes darkening with desire.

He did want her.

Her lips parted slightly, as she pulled in a shallow breath. He glanced down at them, then back up into her eyes.

She moved closer, her lips a breath from his. “Damien,” she whispered.

And then his mouth was against hers. She wasn’t sure how it happened, or who made the first move, but his kiss, his touch was everything she’d dreamed it would be and more. He moved slowly, tentatively pressing his mouth against hers. He tasted warm, his touch gentle. And then he pressed harder, and his hold on her body tightened, his lips moving over hers.

His tongue slipped into her, touching hers, moving back and forth, tasting her, sweeping inside her, as if he couldn’t get enough. She let loose a soft moan, and swiveled so she could feel him closer against her, her arms wrapping around his neck, her fingers playing in his hair at the nape of his neck.

Warmth flooded through her, chasing a wave of euphoria. And after a moment she thought could never end, he pulled back and they stared into each other’s eyes, neither of them saying a word.

“Well, there’s a technique it appears she’s mastered.”

Emma stiffened as embarrassment washed through her. Damien pulled away and stood as a tall woman with long auburn hair and large green eyes stepped into the room.

“Lady Dawn,” Damien said, nodding.

Emma didn’t like the way she was looking down her nose at him, as if he disgusted her, and it was all she could manage to try and hide it.

“You must be Emma McGovern,” the woman said, and held out a long, slender hand. “Dawn Maybanks. Nice to meet you.”

“Oh,” Emma said, standing.

“This is one of the Earl of St. Yve’s twin daughters, and lady of the enchanted castle.”

“You live here, then. In this place?” Emma asked, trying to keep the disbelief from her voice.

Dawn looked around her and smiled. “Yes, most of the time.” She picked up the crystal off the mat. “Trying to teach her the arts?” she asked, casually. But Emma could see there was nothing casual about this feline.

“We’re doing what we can,” Damien answered.

“It took you years to be able to master the control of an adept. Why do you think she’s any different?” Dawn said, gesturing toward Emma.

Emma stiffened and tried to stand taller.

“She has the essence,” Damien said. “It’s very strong.”

“I’m sure it is, but not strong enough.”

Damien sighed. “We’re working on our positive thinking. You might give it a try.”

Dawn looked surreptitiously around the room, then turned back to him and handed him a small bundle wrapped in an oilcloth.

Confusion lined Damien’s face as he took the bundle from her. “What’s this?”

“My father has issued orders for the vampire containment team to be deployed to Wolvesrain. You need to get there first and make sure there aren’t any vampires left for the team to bring back here. Is that clear?”

Damien stared at her, his eyes hard. Then he opened the bundle. Emma inhaled sharply at the variety of weapons in his hand. Two wooden stakes, two silver daggers, and what looked like some kind of gun.

“A UV vamp blaster?” Damien asked. “The last time I saw one of these, it was aimed at me by some relentless P-Cell operative. How did the Cadre get hold of this?”

“It doesn’t matter. I’m risking everything bringing these items to you. Now, do we have a deal?”

“I know you don’t agree with your father’s decision to entomb vampires beneath the castle, but this is a quite a bold step. The consequences if anyone finds out…” He shook his head.

Dawn smiled, but to Emma, the gesture appeared cold and calculating. Don’t trust her, Damien.

“Don’t worry about me, Damien. I know what I’m doing. In fact, you can think of it as a test if you want, of where your loyalties stand.”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Damien asked, his face wary.

“Who are you loyal to, Damien? Cara? The Cadre? Perhaps from what I saw when I walked in, it’s to this woman.” Dawn gestured toward Emma. “Or is it your brother? Something for both of you to think about, eh?” She turned and breezed out of the room.

Emma stared wide-eyed at Damien. “Brother? What was she talking about?”

“I didn’t think she knew. Didn’t think any of them knew,” Damien said under his breath as he picked up one of the ancient silver daggers.

“What does that mean?”

“It means there’s more going on here than meets the eye.”

“And?”

“And we’ll have to be extra careful.”

Anxiety twisted inside her. She stared down at the weapons, but somehow didn’t feel better. “Wood and metal?” she asked, pointing toward the stakes and knives.

He sighed. “Yes, and a hell of a lot more useful on vampires than that trinket around your neck.”

Damien felt the walls closing in around him as he dropped Emma’s necklace, and watched as it nestled between her breasts. He knew this didn’t bode well. Not for any of them, certainly not for Nicholai.

“What did Lady Dawn mean about not bringing any vampires back?” Emma asked.

“She doesn’t like them.”

“I gathered that. But really, Damien, who does?”

He looked down into her beautiful face, and knew he should tell her. Right then and there. She had a right to know who he was. What he was. The moment between them stretched, and though he knew he should, he didn’t.

He liked the way she looked up to him. She saw parts of him no one else could, because all they saw were the fangs and the bloodlust and the constant reminders that he was just a ticking time bomb who might someday explode. And then he’d do what they’d all expect—he’d kill.

Instead, he held up the crystal in his hand. “We capture demons in containment crystals, then we house them in the dungeons below. By the thousands.”

Emma gasped. “And vampires, too?”

“No. Vampires can’t be pulled into the stones. The Cadre incapacitates them, then buries them in tombs in the walls and floor.”

“Here? In this castle?” Emma’s voice grew shrill, as she looked around her, and he couldn’t help wincing at the horror on her face.

“Yes,” he said, his voice soft.

Emma shuddered.

“I’m afraid that’s how Lady Dawn feels, too.”

“I can understand that. What I can’t understand is why? Why keep them at all?”

“They use them as guinea pigs. Cadre scientists are constantly working, trying to find a cure to the vampire’s bite.” Damien swallowed his disgust, knowing that with one slip up, it could be him down there, entombed forever.

“Have they had any success?” Emma asked.

“No.”

“So, I take it Lady Dawn doesn’t agree with the process.”

“No, but not for the same reasons I don’t. She just wants them all dead.”

“And you?”

“The Cadre policy of not harming is hypocritical. This place has become a para torture chamber.”

Emma rubbed her arms, and looked around her, suddenly, looking very small and skittish. “Damien. I know I’m not done with my training, but I don’t feel comfortable here. I didn’t before, but now…now I feel like I’m ready to jump out of my skin. Do you mind? Can we go back to Wolvesrain?”

“It wouldn’t be wise. Not now. Not yet.”

“But—”

“Sit,” he commanded, and sat back on the mat, then held out his hands to her. Reluctantly, she sat across from him and placed her hands in his. He closed his eyes, and walked her through the mediation process, talking her into a calm state, showing her how to control her emotions, her reactions. But he didn’t do it for her, he did it for him.

He needed to block out her lovely face, the vulnerability swimming in her eyes, her need for him to be there for her. He knew enough about demon possession to understand that if Emma became a host for Asmos, her mind couldn’t take the evil, the rage. Like Cara, she would be lost. And if she didn’t learn everything he had to teach her, she wouldn’t be able to withstand the seduction. The temptation of Asmos and the curse.

Hell, he wasn’t even sure he’d be able to.

His most prudent course of action would be to take the weapons Dawn offered and go back on his own. The real questions was, why would Dawn go against the Cadre, against her father? Giving him weapons, giving him an order to kill vampires went against everything the Cadre believed in. Was she setting a trap? Trying to prove to them that he couldn’t be trusted. That he was a born killer just as she’d always said?

He should leave the weapons there and walk out. But what of Emma? The two of them couldn’t take on a vampire clan alone. Especially a clan that his brother was a part of. He could leave them to the containment team. The Cadre would love to study and dissect a vampire that fed off demon blood. As tempting as it was, he couldn’t let that happen. He and his brother were fundamentally different on every level imaginable, but Nicholai was still his brother.

“Dammit,” Damien swore under his breath. Emma’s eyes popped open. He rose and turned away from her. Who was he kidding? He couldn’t do this alone. Hell, he didn’t even think he’d be able to pull this off if Cara were here. The thought of Cara, an empty shell lost to him forever, made his stomach clench.

“Damien?” Emma touched him lightly on the shoulder.

He turned around and stared at her. “You have to remember what happened to your mother,” he said through gritted teeth. “We can’t go back, we can’t do this until we know what we’re up against. We need to know what Asmos’s weaknesses are.” He grabbed her shoulders, wanting to shake some sense into her as her eyes grew large. “Tell me.”

“I can’t.” She tried to pull away, which made him hold on tighter. “Stop!” She jerked free from his grasp.

He rubbed his hands across his face. “I’m sorry. I—”

She stepped close to him and wrapped her arms around his chest. “It’s going to be okay,” she whispered, surprising him.

He stilled for a moment, not used to the intimacy of the hug, the unsolicited affection, the friendship in her touch. “I hope so.” He wrapped his arms around her and tightened the embrace.

“We have the weapons. We can manage,” she said.

He stared once more at the weapons on the floor, certain that if he took them, he would prove to the Cadre what Dawn had always said about him. That he couldn’t be trusted. That he might not be a killer yet, but it was just a matter of time. It was in his blood. It was who he was.

But if he didn’t take them? And Nicholai and his clan attacked again? He knew enough about Nicholai to know he wouldn’t stop ’til he got what he came for— Asmos’s essence through Emma’s blood.

He could get weapons anywhere, he even had a nice stash of his own, but for Nicholai he’d need something more, something stronger. He’d need P-Cell’s vamp blaster.

“What about my dad?” Emma asked.

“He’ll be fine here.”

“Should I tell him we’re going back?”

“If you come with me…” he couldn’t say the words.

She nodded her understanding, and that kept him from having to say the truth, that there was a good chance she wouldn’t survive the Equinox, and neither would he.

“He doesn’t want me to leave St. Yve,” she whispered.

“You don’t have to. You can stay here. Spend the next year or two training, learning. Go back when you’re ready. Asmos isn’t going anywhere.”

“And put my life on hold?”

He nodded, and swallowed the large lump in his throat.

“I feel like I’ve lived my whole life on hold. Waiting for something. Waiting for someone like you. I can’t choose when or how I’m going to die, but I can choose whether or not to love.” She looked up into his eyes.

He pulled away from her. This was a huge mistake. He couldn’t let himself feel like this. Worse, he couldn’t let her get attached to him. It would be cruel. To them both. “I’m not what you think I am. I can’t be the one for you,” he said, his voice breaking.

“But you already are,” she insisted. “You feel what I feel. You understand me.” She turned away. “You don’t see a monster when you look at me.”

Her words and the pain behind them twisted at something inside him. Gently, he touched her shoulder and turned her around to face him. “You aren’t a monster. Nowhere near. You are beautiful.”

She looked up at him with tears swimming in her eyes. “I’ve never felt like this before. Is it real? These feelings? Or is it the Curse?”

“I don’t know,” he said, and stepped back, trying to distance himself from the vulnerability and trust shimmering in her eyes. “It doesn’t matter. Nothing matters right now, but capturing Asmos. Only then will we know what is real.”

“Nothing?” she asked, her lower lip trembling.

He had to stop this, before it went any farther. He touched her cheek. “Falling in love with me is not something you want to do, not now, not ever. Unfortunately, I can’t capture Asmos alone. And I can’t stay here any longer. What we’re going up against won’t be easy, but if you choose to come back with me, then I’ll meet you downstairs by the front door in twenty minutes.” He turned and walked from the room.

عرض البوم صور darla  
قديم 22-11-07, 07:10 PM   المشاركة رقم: 22
المعلومات
الكاتب:
اللقب:
سندريلا ليلاس

البيانات
الجنس أنثى
معدل التقييم: darla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عاليdarla عضو ذو تقييم عالي

االدولة
البلدBarbados

مدونتي

الإتصالات
الحالة:
darla غير متواجد حالياً
وسائل الإتصال:

افتراضي

Chapter 13
T he girl swallowed a giggle as she and the boy ran through the rain toward the barn. Her pulse pounded. Tonight they would sneak into Wolvesrain and take what they wanted. They’d heard the rumors in the village of the scarred girl who never left home, and the jewelry fit for a queen passed down generation after generation, sitting there gathering dust. Amy wanted some of those jewels. And John was the first boy she’d run across who was man enough to give her what she wanted.

John lit the lantern and put it on the floor. “Where’d this storm come from?” he asked, shaking his wet bangs out of his eyes.

“What’s the matter, afraid to get a little wet?” she teased, and smiled at him as she rubbed her hands up under his shirt. She loved the adrenaline surge pumping through her veins. Loved the high she felt, knowing she was doing something just a tad wicked.

“I like it wet,” he grinned, and took a handful of her breasts. She let him fondle her just long enough to keep his interest piqued and to keep him manageable.

“How much longer until we can sneak into the house?” she asked, tilting her head with a coquettish grin as she’d seen girls do in magazines.

He looked out the windows. “Let’s wait a good half hour after the lights go out.”

“That long?” She pouted. “What are we going to do until then?”

He smiled, and gave her ass a rough squeeze. “Take a guess, love.”

She sighed and unbuttoned her pants. She was wet and impatient, and this old barn was rotted through and filled with spiderwebs. This jewelry had better be worth it, she thought and stepped out of her jeans.

Nicholai stood in the shadows of the barn and watched the show, feeling his cock stiffen as the boy smacked the girl’s bare ass as she lay bent over a large hay bale.

“Oh, yes. Make me feel it,” she squealed, squirming as her pale skin glowed pink with each slap.

Nicholai grinned as the boy hit her again, and dropped his pants to pool at his booted feet in the hay. She moaned with pleasure, and encouraged him as he roughly entered her, and pulled that glorious ass against him. John’s thighs bulged, his buttocks squeezing, as he thrust his cock in and out of her, faster and faster.

The girl moaned, louder and louder. “Come on, baby. Right there.” The boy smacked her again, and she screamed out loud.

Soundlessly, Nicholai moved toward the couple; they were making enough noise to mask any sound he might make. The grunting and groaning, mingled with the scent of their sex was definitely working on him. He wondered if they’d mind if he joined them? Not that he cared what they minded.

Nicholai smiled at the sound of the boy’s hand connecting with soft, rounded flesh. He wondered if the girl would even notice if he took the boy’s place and gave her the fucking she deserved. He stood behind them, watching the light from the small lamp gleaming on the boy’s slick back, and unbuttoned his pants.

He stepped forward and cupped his hands on the boy’s tight buttocks, and squeezed a handful. The boy froze, but before he could utter a word, Nicholai leaned forward and sank his teeth in the boy’s neck, piercing his jugular and taking a long, sweet drink.

Nicholai reached out his hand and gave the girl’s ass a randy slap, then bucked his hips forward, pushing the boy into her one last time, while he continued to drink deep.

“Don’t stop now, you son of a bitch,” the girl panted. “I’m so close.”

When at last the boy was depleted, Nicholai pushed him to the side, and shoved his hard cock deep inside the willing girl.

She groaned audibly.

He rubbed her sore ass and took his pleasure, easily lifting her up and driving deeper inside her. She screamed as the waves of pure bliss wracked her body, then she collapsed under him. It wasn’t until he was done, and she was completely satiated in every way possible, that she noticed John’s corpse on the ground behind her.

She turned and looked up at Nicholai, and then she screamed again.

It was very late when Damien and Emma finally arrived back at Wolvesrain. After saying goodbye to her father, Emma had cried softly, then had fallen asleep, leaving Damien to stew over what to do with her. He couldn’t continue down this path. He had to get hold of his feelings for her, or they were both headed for a disastrous ride.

Her feelings for him were already too strong, sweeping him along in her current of need. It was powerful and addicting, but he couldn’t be there for her. He wasn’t the man she was dreaming of, that she believed him to be, no matter how much he wished he could be.

He parked the car before the darkened manor and turned off the ignition, then stepped out into the silent night. He stood there for a moment, reaching with his senses, searching for his brother, for the wolves. But felt nothing. All was quiet.

He walked around to the other side of the car and opened the door. He took a deep breath, stiffening his resolve, then picked Emma up, cradling her sleeping form in his arms, and carried her up to the house. Lucia, holding Angel in her arms, opened the door as he continued inside.

“How is she?” Lucia asked.

“She’s fine. Just tired.”

He could have set her down on the couch in the living room, could even have woken her to go up to bed on her own, and he knew he should have, even as he carried her up the stairs. But he liked the feel of her against him, her soft roundness, her delicate lavender scent. She needed him and, so help him, he needed her just as much.

How did that happen? How had she managed to get under his defenses? She saw the good in him, his strength, his humanity—the qualities no one else ever looked for. And he was too selfish to give it up, to tell her the truth and have that trusting look in her eyes fade into disgust.

He continued up the stairs to her room, knowing he had only a few precious minutes left with her before he had to go back into the forest and find his brother. He would attempt to make peace with Nicholai, to warn him the Cadre were on to him and would soon be there.

He carried no more illusions that he and Nicholai could reconnect, but ending up in one of the Cadre experiments would be a fate worse than death. He didn’t want that to happen to his brother; no matter how many bad choices Nicholai had made over the years, he didn’t deserve that.

He just hoped his brother would listen.

And quickly. Before the wolves returned. Before he had to wake Emma and start the ritual to try and draw Asmos into the crystals.

He laid Emma on her bed, and brushed her hair out of her face with a soft touch, then pulled the blanket up over her and tucked it under her chin. He stared at her for a moment, wishing he could lie down next to her, wishing things could be different. Instead, he turned to leave.

Her hand grasped his and drew him back to her. He turned to see her shining eyes opened and staring up at him. “Stay,” she said, her eyes squinted with sleep.

“I can’t,” he whispered.

“Please. I don’t want to sleep alone. I don’t want the dreams to come back.”

“But the dreams are good,” he said. “They’ll help you to remember. We need you to remember what happened to your mother.”

“No. I don’t want to remember,” she said, her voice heavy with sleep as she pulled him down next to her.

“Emma, it could be the difference between whether we live or die.”

Her face crumpled with pain. He sat on the bed. He’d stay just for a minute, he thought. What could happen in a minute? But as he sat there, smelling her delicate lavender scent, staring into her beautiful eyes, large and luminescent with the hint of the moon shining within their depths, he knew he didn’t want the moment to end.

He saw himself within her. Like him, she carried so much pain and loneliness in her heart. She’d spent her life alone, longing for love. Hoping, but never believing it would come her way. But are these feelings they felt for one another real? Or was it the curse drawing them together.

She smiled up at him and, for a moment, he didn’t care. He leaned down and brushed his lips against hers, liking the feel of their softness, their warmth as they opened beneath his. As his tongue touched hers, a spark of heat ignited in his chest. She tasted so sweet, like family, like home, like where he was supposed to be.

She let out a soft moan, the sound of it lighting the fires already stoked within him. His lips moved over hers. He closed his eyes and lost himself in the warmth, in the *******ment he used to feel when he’d watch sunlight glint off a rushing stream, or ate strawberries while lying in the field of heather on a warm summer day.

What was it about her that she could rekindle all those feelings within him? She deepened the kiss, and he marveled in the gentle touch of her lips, the taste of her tongue, the quiet whimpering sounds rising from the back of her throat. And he knew he didn’t want to be without her.

Not then, not ever.

Her palm pressed lightly against his chest as her fingers played with the buttons of his shirt. Her tentative touch lit the nerve endings along his skin, sending sparks rushing through him to chase away any lingering reservations. Gently, she scraped her nails across his chest, heating those sparks to a blaze of desire. He gasped, took her hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“Don’t leave me, Damien,” she whispered. No, he couldn’t leave her. Couldn’t imagine going back to the way it was before, when he was alone and life was so…empty. He had to take what she offered, he didn’t have the willpower to turn away, to deny himself the one thing he’s always wanted but has never been able to have.

Someone to love him.

He dropped his head to her neck, gently tasting her skin. He could hear her blood racing just below the surface. He ached to take just one sip, but knew it was something he would never do. Could never do. He’d never soil something so trusting, so vulnerable, so beautiful, with his monstrosity. Instead, he pulled her earlobe into his mouth and sucked gently.

She arched her back, and held him close, her fingers tangling in his hair. His desire ached. He had to stop this before it went any further and he lost all control. He sat up. So did she.

His eyes caught hers and he tried to form the words that would explain how he felt, and why they couldn’t continue, but she smiled at him, her lips curving into a delicious half grin. Her eyes were heavy with desire and as her gaze caught his, she held it, held him, captive, then lifted her shirt up over her head.

He should go. Pull away and run. But he didn’t as she reached behind her and unclasped her bra. It fell away and he stared, mesmerized by her beauty, by the way the moon’s glow played across her lush, perfect skin, by the enchanting gleam in her eye.

She took his hand in hers and brought it to her breast. He touched it gently, lifting its weight in his hand, caressing its softness. Heat rushed through his body, tightening his nerves. “I don’t think—” his voice broke, rasping.

Before he could finish the thought, she leaned forward and kissed him, her mouth devouring his as their desire mounted. His thumb moved across her nipple, playing with the hard nub, so warm and pert beneath his touch.

He couldn’t make love to her, he told himself. He wouldn’t make love to her. But a part of him, hot and twitching, pushed relentlessly against his pants, aching to be free. And that part screamed louder than the rational thoughts trying to hold him back. That part of him wanted to feel her skin next to his, to feel her warmth. To bury himself deep inside her.

He pushed her back down on the bed, his body stretched out atop her, his erection nestling between the junction of her legs. He could feel all of her at once, and the sweet way she cleaved beneath his weight. And he had to have her.

Yes, Damien. Take her. She wants you. The voice whispered through his mind, and a languid lust thickened his senses until he could no longer think, could only feel.

Asmos.

He knew it was the demon. Could feel him and, logically, he knew he was buried deep within the throes of the curse, and he needed to leave now, to get out before it was too late. But he couldn’t. He didn’t have the strength. He didn’t have the power of will to resist her taste, her touch.

Her love.

He broke free from her kiss, and caught a fleeting breath. “I love you, Emma. I’m overwhelmed with it, and don’t know what to do.” There, he’d said it. The words were out, and his heart was lying right there upon his sleeve for her to do with what she will.

She smiled at him, so sweetly, as her eyes shimmered with tears. She opened her mouth to speak, but before she could utter the words, he pulled away and hurried out the door. Heaven help him, he loved her.

Too much to be able to save her.

عرض البوم صور darla  
قديم 23-11-07, 11:25 PM   المشاركة رقم: 23
المعلومات
الكاتب:
اللقب:

البيانات
التسجيل: Jun 2006
العضوية: 7129
المشاركات: 287
الجنس أنثى
معدل التقييم: نيارااا عضو بحاجه الى تحسين وضعه
نقاط التقييم: 43

االدولة
البلدSaudiArabia

مدونتي

الإتصالات
الحالة:
نيارااا غير متواجد حالياً
وسائل الإتصال:

افتراضي

woooooow darla wonderful
Thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx sweetie

عرض البوم صور نيارااا  
قديم 24-11-07, 12:26 PM   المشاركة رقم: 24
المعلومات
الكاتب:
اللقب:
قمر ليلاس

البيانات
التسجيل: Nov 2006
العضوية: 16582
المشاركات: 6,724
الجنس أنثى
معدل التقييم: sommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييمsommanha عضو جوهرة التقييم
نقاط التقييم: 2045

االدولة
البلدSaudiArabia

مدونتي

الإتصالات
الحالة:
sommanha غير متواجد حالياً
وسائل الإتصال:

Dancing2

أختك

sommanha

عرض البوم صور sommanha  
قديم 24-11-07, 09:40 PM   المشاركة رقم: 25
المعلومات
الكاتب:
اللقب:
سندريلا ليلاس

البيانات
الجنس أنثى

االدولة
البلدBarbados

مدونتي

الإتصالات
الحالة:
darla غير متواجد حالياً
وسائل الإتصال:

افتراضي

Chapter 14
D amien’s mistake was settling on him like a thick coating of acid rain, burning and eating away at his conscience. How could he have been such a clod? He was no longer a randy pup. There was no excuse for him not being able to physically control himself around Emma tonight. He’d come too close to succumbing to his rampant lust, and where would that have left Emma?

He knew better, and there was only one thing that could be done now. He’d have to destroy everything she felt for him. He’d have to tell her the truth. He had been foolish to think that by allowing things to progress this far, perhaps she wouldn’t despise him once she discovered the truth. The sad thing was, she’d only despise him more. There was no pretending that the vampire blood within him didn’t matter, when, in reality, it was all that mattered. It was who he was.

Restless, and knowing the worst was still ahead of him, Damien left the house, moving quickly through the estate’s grounds, past the gardens in the back, the chipped fountain, the broken and overgrown hedges of what still held the faint outline of a traditional English maze.

He picked up the distinctive scent of the wolves, and could hear their padded footfalls as they followed his progress through the countryside. He wondered why they hadn’t approached him.

He heard the soft murmurs of the vampires, and caught the scent of smoke. He slowed, cautiously approaching. He had a vague idea where they were camped, had sensed their presence the moment he’d stepped into the woods. Slowly, he approached the clearing. The clan of vampires had grown. He counted at least ten more than he’d seen the last time, and he couldn’t help wondering why.

He stood behind a large tree, masking his presence, trying to determine what they were planning, why they were still here, even after they’d seen him and Emma drive away. Vampires, not social by nature, usually ran in small clans. Never had he seen one this large. Perhaps this was the congregation of more than one clan? If so, what did that mean? Were they all here for Asmos? For Emma?

The thought chilled him, and he wondered if the Cadre or even P-Cell knew how many vampires were partaking in the “dark pleasure.” Like an addiction, demon essence, once in the system, could be quite powerful.

Damien studied the vampires, and was just about to move to another spot to get a better look at the far side of the clearing when three young vampires hovering to his right moved, exposing something that made Damien’s breath catch in his throat. He muffled an oath as disgust raged through him.

A woman, stripped naked, stood with her arms opened wide above her, each wrist was tethered to tree branches on either side of her, as were her feet. Her head hung down and masses of dark hair covered her face. Her creamy white skin was covered with shallow cuts and scratches. Worse, bite marks littered her body.

Every now and then, the girl would whimper and squirm. Her wrists and ankles were rubbed raw from pulling against the bindings. The distinct, heady metallic scent of blood rose on the air and filled him, and, to his horror, made his stomach churn with hunger.

A vampire walking past the girl, stopped, grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled her head back. She cried as he pressed his lips against hers in a hard, demanding kiss. As he finished, he patted her butt and kept on walking, a hearty chuckle wafting in his wake. The woman looked after him, her red-rimmed eyes filled with terror.

Rage pumped through Damien’s veins. His hands coiled at his sides, as frustration mounted within him. Like cats, many vampires enjoyed playing with their victims, drawing out the kill until they became bored with them. Damien had heard the stories, but this was the first time he’d ever seen it up close and personal. There was nothing he could do about her right now.

Perhaps Nica, or even Dawn, was right. If Nicholai was a demon hunter, feeding off demon essence to make himself more powerful, and, in fact, enjoyed the torture and killing of humans, then he would have to be stopped. But would he be able to stop him? Would Damien be able to pull the P-Cell’s vamp blaster’s trigger, knowing it would obliterate his brother?

Damien pulled back out of sight of the clearing, realizing he had a choice to make, and it was one he could no longer run away from. If he was going to continue down this path and confront his brother, he would have to make a decision about how he was going to deal with him. It appeared Nicholai was the worst kind of vampire, he didn’t just feed, he reveled in the kill.

Damien circled the camp, his finger caressing the vamp blaster in his jacket pocket, trying to convince himself, trying to work up the courage to do what needed to be done—exterminate his brother. The only family he had left, the last link to his past, to his humanity.

Unfortunately, Nicholai was stronger than Damien was. In order for Damien to succeed in taking him out, the attack would have to be quick, sudden and totally unexpected. He stayed to the outskirts, moving from one tree to the next, constantly watching the crowd, making note of which vampires were more powerful than others, how many there were, and who seemed to be aligned with who.

As he reached the far side of the clearing, a lone vampire stepped out from behind a large tree. “I’ve been waiting for you.” A wide smile stretched across his heavily freckled ghost-white face.

Damien stilled. How was it he hadn’t been able to shield himself from this vampire’s senses? And if this Irish Joe with the shock of red hair had been able to sense him, how many others had? “Hope I didn’t keep you long?” Damien said, rolling on the back of his heels to keep his stance deceptively casual.

“Not at all. We keep track of everything you do, Damien. Always have.” The vampire stepped forward, waves of cocky assurance rolling off him.

“I’m surprised you’ve found my life that interesting.” Damien reached with his senses, trying to determine if the pup was bluffing, but found he couldn’t.

“You’re not as elusive as you thought, eh?” the vampire challenged.

Damien took his measure, reading the subtleties in the energy pulses that surrounded him. He’d guess him at not more than a hundred and fifty years old. Not nearly old enough to match Damien’s strength, and yet… He was obviously a blood drinker, and worse a demon feeder. Tests at the Cadre had shown increased strength and powers in vampires that partook of the “dark pleasure.”

The vampire stepped closer. Damien dug in his heels, and readied himself for the fight. He considered the vamp blaster, but knew this model, one of P-Cell’s first prototypes, only had one shot in it. That one he was saving for Nicholai. Instead, he wrapped his hand around one of the thin wooden stakes.

“Pretty little lady you’ve got back there at the house,” the vampire said. “Almost as pretty as the last one you had.”

Damien’s heart beat hard against his rib cage. “What are you talking about?” he demanded.

“Oh, we have big plans for the pretty blonde. We’re going to take our sweet time with that one. And maybe, just maybe, we’ll let you watch.” The vampire smiled, his mouth stretching, his fangs descending.

Damien’s fingers flexed and tightened around the ash-wood stake, sharpened and honed to a fine point then dipped in silver. He took a deep breath and focused, staring not at the man’s face, at the madness in his eyes, but at the target. Square in his chest. Without warning, Damien lunged.

With all the force, with all the pent-up anger and frustration he could gather, he drove the stake deep into the vampire’s black heart and reveled in the moment the Irish vampire exploded into a plume of dust around him.

Damien stood back, wiped his hands on his pants, then replaced the stake in his pocket. He took a deep breath. That had been almost easy. Too easy.

He turned and faced his brother and ten of his cronies standing behind him. Nicholai applauded, loudly. “Congratulations, brother. It appears there’s a killer within you after all.”

“I am nothing like you,” Damien said with grit on his tongue.

Nicholai laughed. “You are me. You just choose not to see it.” He stepped forward. “Come with us. Embrace your heritage. Embrace who you are. Stop trying to deny your inner self.”

Damien’s eyes narrowed. Self-help jargon from a demon sucker?

“Don’t get all condescending with me. You’re a killer. Same as us.” Nicholai’s arms gestured wide, encompassing the vampires around him. “You killed Kimmie, as easily as you killed this man, Vic. It’s in your blood. It’s who you are. That’s why I can forgive you.” The smile dropped and his eyes turned deadly. “Almost.”

“Kimmie?” Damien asked, suddenly sure this wasn’t going to end well.

“The redhead you attacked by your car.”

“You’ve got that backwards, Nicholai, like so many other things. She attacked me.”

“She was my wife.”

Damien stared at him, his blood running cold.

Nicholai approached him, grabbed his shoulder and leaned in close. “My wife,” he repeated.

Damien didn’t know what to say, didn’t know what he could say. Nicholai wrapped his arm around Damien’s neck in a tight chokehold and walked forward toward his band of goons. “My brother has returned to us,” Nicholai announced.

Unable to do much else, Damien walked with him, realizing with mild irritation that he really knew nothing about his brother, not even the type of man he’d become. Knowing it was most likely futile, he reached with his senses, trying to read his brother’s intentions, but came up blank.

Nicholai looked at him, shook his head and chuckled. Apparently, his sensing abilities were working just fine. Damien didn’t need special powers to read the intentions of Nicholai’s clan, the waves of malevolence were almost overpowering.

They walked as a group back toward the clearing. The bonfire had been stoked and roared several feet above them. The heat rolling off it singed his face and burned his eyes. The rest of the clan were all standing at the outskirts of the clearing, feet wide, arms at the ready. Their gazes resting on Nicholai, as they awaited his command.

Damien’s grip on the vamp blaster in his pocket tightened. He might get off a shot at his brother, but he’d never be able to take on all of them and survive. And he had to survive. If he didn’t, there’d be no one left to protect Emma.

Surprise had been his only option, and now it was gone.

Emma refused to feel sorry for herself. Just because Damien had left her didn’t mean she didn’t matter to him. He was only being smarter than she. Protecting her from the Curse. But that didn’t make his leaving hurt any less. Restless, she got out of bed. Pulling her robe tight against the chill, she walked toward the window and peered out into the night.

In the distance, she could see a large fire roaring. Fear seized her as she stared at it, trying to comprehend why there would be a fire that size in the middle of the forest. Quickly, she ran to Damien’s room and knocked on the door. She waited, listening intently with her ear pressed to the door. She heard nothing.

“Damien?” she called softly and opened the door. The room was empty, the bed still made.

Damien! Suddenly, she was sure Damien was out there. Out by the fire. She ran down the back stairs, following the long hall toward the back of the house that Lucia used as her own.

Hurry, Emma. Damien’s hurt. He needs you.

The words circled round Emma’s mind as she pounded on Lucia’s door, calling out her name, suddenly desperately afraid she’d been left in the house all alone. She flung open the door, just as Lucia spoke, her voice heavy with sleep. “What? What is it?”

Emma slumped against the door in relief. “Lucia, wake up. Damien’s in trouble, I know it.”

“Trouble?”

“Yes. He’s gone. Now hurry.” She ran toward her and flipped on the light next to the bed.

“Don’t be silly,” Lucia grumbled. “Why would Damien be in trouble?” She sat up, searching the rumpled bedcovers for her robe.

“Because he just is. There’s a huge fire on the edge of the property. I saw it from my window. I don’t know why, but I think Damien’s out there. I think he needs us.”

Lucia looked skeptical, and walked over to her window. “I don’t see anything.”

With frustration mounting, Emma rushed up behind her. “See.” She pointed. “That orange outline over there? That’s where it is. You’ll have to go upstairs to see it clearly.”

Lucia’s forehead crinkled with lines of worry. “We must call for help from the village,” she said, slipping her feet into her slippers and hurrying from the room. “The whole forest could catch on fire.”

With Angel nipping at her heels and barking furiously, Emma chased after her. “That’s fine, but then we have to go out there. We need to help Damien.”

Lucia stopped in her tracks and spun round. “I am not going out there, and neither are you.”

“Oh, yes I am.” Emma bent down and scooped Angel up into her arms, shushing her. “Damien needs me. I feel it, and I’m not going to abandon him.”

Lucia snorted. “Pooey.”

“Lucia. I don’t know if I have to tell you this, but there are vampires out there. Big, mean, ugly ones, and for all I know, they could be spicing Damien up for dinner right now.”

Lucia only stared at her.

“I know it sounds crazy, but I saw them with my own eyes. And I—”

“You’re not crazy,” Lucia said softly. “I know.”

Emma closed her eyes, thankful that she wasn’t going crazy. That she wasn’t in this alone. She stood up straight, squared her shoulders, and deepened her voice. “I can’t let anything happen to him, Lucia. I love him, and I’m going after him, with or without you.”

Lucia’s eyes widened. “You can’t. The Curse.”

“I know. But we can’t help it. We’re in love. And see—” she gestured wide with her arms “—I’m still human. I haven’t turned into some evil demon and killed everyone I know. You’re perfectly safe with me.”

Lucia muttered a few choice obscenities under her breath. “You’ve consummated?”

Emma’s cheeks burned. “Not exactly.”

Lucia shook her head, her lips pursed. “How can you love him? That’s foolish talk. You don’t know anything about him. He’s not even—”

“I know enough to know he’s kind, decent, thoughtful and all around a great guy,” Emma interrupted. “And he makes me feel special.”

Lucia rolled her eyes.

“Stop it,” Emma demanded.

“Fine. But ask yourself, Emma. Would Damien want you running half-cocked out into the night right now? It is the night of the Equinox! Let’s just make it through this night, then we’ll worry about this great love next year!”

“I know. I understand what you’re saying. And, no, he wouldn’t want me out there. He wants me tucked up safe in bed sleeping. Alone. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to sit idly by and do nothing as a clan of disgusting vampires feed off him.”

Lucia threw up her arms in defeat. “Fine. Let me get dressed. You’re not going anywhere without me, and you’re certainly not going out into the deep, dark night unarmed. Is that clear?”

“Crystal,” Emma said smiling. “I knew you’d come around.”

“Don’t push it, Emma.”

Emma called after Lucia as she disappeared back into her rooms. “I’ll never forget this. Not ever.” She looked at Angel who was looking up at her with big brown eyes full of confusion. “No, you’re not coming.” She hurried down the hall and locked the dog up in the laundry room, just as Lucia came out of her rooms.

“Ready?” Emma asked.

“Not quite.” Lucia hurried to open a door in the side of the stairwell and took out a large assortment of weapons.

Wide-eyed, Emma stared at them. “Should I guess that you’ve known about vampires for a while?”

“You could say that,” Lucia muttered, and handed Emma a silver dagger and several stakes. “Know how to use them?”

Emma nodded. “Now I do.”

The surprise in Lucia’s eyes disappeared as she gathered up a crossbow and several ash arrows and entered the kitchen. “Are you sure you’re ready for this?” Lucia asked, as they stood outside the cellar door.

Emma stared at the door, ignoring the nauseous turn of her stomach and nodded. “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

عرض البوم صور darla  

مواقع النشر (المفضلة)
facebook

جديد مواضيع قسم الارشيف
أدوات الموضوع
مشاهدة صفحة طباعة الموضوع مشاهدة صفحة طباعة الموضوع
تعليمات المشاركة
لا تستطيع إضافة مواضيع جديدة
لا تستطيع الرد على المواضيع
لا تستطيع إرفاق ملفات
لا تستطيع تعديل مشاركاتك

BB code is متاحة