منتديات ليلاس

منتديات ليلاس (https://www.liilas.com/vb3/)
-   الروايات الاجنبية (https://www.liilas.com/vb3/f282/)
-   -   Q: What is your favourite Harlequin Period??l (https://www.liilas.com/vb3/t86791.html)

darla 04-08-08 03:45 PM

Q: What is your favourite Harlequin Period??l

http://www.liillas.com/up/uploads/im...b9ca322bd6.gif

Part of our mission to re-new our beloved section is to start non-novel topics, so here we go:

What is your favourite Harlequin Period?

Mine, is 70's or 80's .. Most of the novels in these periods are about feminine heroine and alpha heroes.. but the sad thing is most of them are similar to each other but still naive and good to read.

What about you ??waiting for your replies

http://www.liillas.com/up/uploads/im...bb76aa0bb3.gif

darla 09-08-08 01:31 PM

OH MY ... WHERE ARE YOU GIRLS?? NO ONE SEEMS INTERESTED

THAT SOOOOO DISAPPOINTED

THANKS

anime girl 10-08-08 08:43 PM

well I think that the old ones are the best its has aclassical appear even the covers are drawing and I love it the new ones are beautiful but it has so much liberty
and the hero all the time blackmailing the heroin and as you said Darla the heroin at the old ones are so much strong personilty but soft small beautiful body and i really like the old ones it reminds me when i used to read it under the bed while my family were sleeping God i miss that time

darla 12-08-08 09:53 PM

Yes dear, i agree with you

most of the new ones are similar to the old ones in plot..

but i like the covers of the new novels

cheri 14-08-08 10:30 AM

well i'm reading the new ones they'r all similar the hero thinks the heroin is a golg-digger cheater and that she betrayed him years ago he wants his revenge it's about the same scenes the same attitudes nothing is new the old ones are so much inventive it used to be about personalities of the hero and the heroine and their encounters wich used to be funny i read them in arabic they were just wonderful:lol:

riham ali 14-08-08 09:00 PM

I love the old ones too , specially that the hero is NORMAL he could be an architect a doctor or …….what so ever
but the new books the hero THE NIGHTY HERO he MUST be multi billionaire a super man and incredible in the bed room most of the modern novels thy spend most of their time in the bedroom !!!!!!!!!! and the lady always strong and fighting him till page 5 and booooooooom she jump into bed with him because she is a stong woman !!!!!!!!!! and there's something else really bothers me
the new titles
the boos virgin wife
the blayboy boss what ever
what are the thinking
we could use 5 words and make the whole titles of the last 10 years
I love the old titles they are more creative even the Arabic ones

darla 14-08-08 09:06 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة cheri (المشاركة 1592991)
well i'm reading the new ones they'r all similar the hero thinks the heroin is a golg-digger cheater and that she betrayed him years ago he wants his revenge it's about the same scenes the same attitudes nothing is new the old ones are so much inventive it used to be about personalities of the hero and the heroine and their encounters wich used to be funny i read them in arabic they were just wonderful:lol:

you're right my friend.

it appeals to me that they reprint the old ones with some modern conecpt sometime

darla 14-08-08 09:12 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة riham ali (المشاركة 1593546)
I love the old ones too , specially that the hero is NORMAL he could be an architect a doctor or …….what so ever
but the new books the hero THE NIGHTY HERO he MUST be multi billionaire a super man and incredible in the bed room most of the modern novels thy spend most of their time in the bedroom !!!!!!!!!! and the lady always strong and fighting him till page 5 and booooooooom she jump into bed with him because she is a stong woman !!!!!!!!!! and there's something else really bothers me
the new titles
the boos virgin wife
the blayboy boss what ever
what are the thinking
we could use 5 words and make the whole titles of the last 10 years
I love the old titles they are more creative even the Arabic ones

Hi Riham,

looool.. you have described the picture very well

sometimes, i don't remember the name of the novel

the megamillionaire ... blah blah

:friends::friends:

darkeyes 15-08-08 12:09 AM

Riham u got i t right. All the new ones are the same and all about money, bedroom, pregnancy, jealousy and cheating nothing else. The elder one had the same themes but the storyline is wonderful you feel the innocence in it and love alpha male. wow i missed those..

Romance Reader 15-08-08 01:00 AM

Hi Girls, I also Love the old ones. I can't seem to get enough of them. Women used to be smart and funny and with great personalities and of course innocence and strong. These days, they're strong and yet they end up hopeless and in need for the hero. I totally agree on the titles and the Multi Billionaire heros. Where're the normal people went? Can't they fall in love too. I often miss the old ones a lot and that's why sometimes I go back to read them even in arabic just for a change. I am fed up with all these mistresses and mucho men.

riham ali 15-08-08 11:59 AM

There's something I want to add about the old ones that I don't like at all
The heroine age
she could be 17 and his royal hotness is 40:cool::cool: !!!!!!!!!!!! the whole book is GREAT but this small detail makes me mad:zkc04699::zkc04699: ……

darla 15-08-08 05:56 PM

اقتباس:

المشاركة الأصلية كتبت بواسطة riham ali (المشاركة 1594453)
There's something I want to add about the old ones that I don't like at all
The heroine age
she could be 17 and his royal hotness is 40:cool::cool: !!!!!!!!!!!! the whole book is GREAT but this small detail makes me mad:zkc04699::zkc04699: ……

you shot the heart of the truth

:o9Y04826::o9Y04826:

seems like everyone prefers the old ones

:rfb04470::rfb04470:

darkeyes 24-08-08 05:53 PM

In the old ones there is something that makes me mad. She is always a little naive "from my point of view", she is always scarifying herself fore the well being of the others, Hello no body does that she don't defend herself letting the others say what they want. Some time i feel that if she was in front of me i would slap her to get some sense into her. She always undermined herself like "how could some one like him want some one plain and unexperienced like me ". well the last part is there in the both the old and new ones.
sorry for talking too much.
bye " .

Lola Ali 11-09-08 03:31 AM

سبحان الله كل الكلام اللي قلتوه يابنات كان يجول بخاطري كل ماقرات سواء الروايات القديمه او الجديده, وانا اؤيد كلام darkeyes بالذات لان البطله في الروايات القديمه صح بريئه وخجوله وكل الكلام هذا بس تفقع القلب بسلبيتها و سذاجتها الزايده عن اللزوم بينما البطل سبع البرمبه ما احد قده يجرح و يهزأ و هيه ميته في دباديبه, مثل روايات ليليان بيك تقريبا البطل دائما cruel و البطله برضها طايحه عند رجوله:lol:

UHU 11-09-08 11:19 AM

صح قولك يا لولا ، يعني هالليليان بيك بالله عليك وشك كانت تفكر فيه يوم كتبت هالروايات ! و بعطيك وحدة اللي أخس و أردى منها "فيوليت ونسبير"، لو صار لكم نصيب تقرون كتاباتها كلش كلش ما أنصح أحد يقرى لها رواية
The Bride of Lucifer اللي إيها عروس إبليس بالعربي. أعتقد إنهم عندما يترجمون قصصها بالعربي شوية يخففون من" الفتق على قولتنا" اللي فيها و الله ما أدري. بس يوم كنت أقرأ عبير كنت أحس أن كتاباتها عادية و إسلوبها منطقي و أفكارها متسلسة- هذا بالنسبة لرواية عاشت له - و بعدها كانت الصدمة يوم طاحت في يدي الرواية اللي ذكرتها في البداية...

البطلة في الرواية تقولون جين اير شعرها أحمر - يا عيني - يتسببون عليه و يقصونه بالملجأ على أساس إن لونه ينتمي للشيطان. و بعدين تصيرالبطلة مرة وحدة جورجي و تشرد و تهاجر بسفينة متنكرة على هيئة صبي ، و إلا ما نشوف بعد شوي البطل يقرر الزواج منها – جنا ما عنده أهل و الحسبة سايبة عنده ! – و يقرر يسكنها بالغصب معاه في قصره المهجور إتقولون هيكليف اللي في وثرينغ هايتس ! شي شي الصراحة! أقولك لكم و الله حسيت يوم قريتها إنها ماخذة كل هالروايات و حاطينها في خلاطة!

خب أكيد البطل شي في الأربعين و إهيا 17 طالعة من الملجأ و يزعم أنقذها من مصير غابر ! المشكلة لو ريال اللي كاتب القصة بقول ما عليه ، على أمل إن في وحدة صغيرة تغتر فيه و تحسبه بطل! لكن المصيبة إن الكاتبة مـــــــــــــــرة! وش كانت تفكر فيه هذا سؤال يحيرني . الصراحة حدهم مستهبلينا أحنا البنات اذا عبالهم بنحب أول واحد إنشوفه و يقدم لنا مساعدة!!

Lola Ali 11-09-08 06:30 PM

الله يسعدك UHU , والله سيلتي دموعي من الضحك, الله يسعدك, عبرتي احسن تعبير عن الاشياء اللي اكرهها احيانا في الروايات القديمه:flowers2:

new-me 22-09-08 06:39 AM

I totally agree with you girls
But
For the heroine I like her to be young , I don't really mind the age difference , when we read the old ones we were so young , or let's keep it about me I was so young I wish I could feel that young again so re-reading the novel in English is a way to remember a time of innocence

UHU 25-09-08 06:59 PM

New- me, I personally don't hate it when the heroine is young , I hate it when there is 20 - 25 years difference between the lead characters , that's unhealthy and can not possibly last because they are generations apart.

Oh , there is something else I hate about the old stories, they always have this finale scene in a hospital or a nearby death bed !! Why does the heroine - and sometimes the hero - have to go through an accident or fall from a mountain so that the so longed for love- vows be extracted from both sides?? Why does the main characters have to be sick or in bandages ? I am afraid that the vow is the result of all that medicine that gone directly to their heads!!

:lol::lol::lol:
It seems love and sickness pain goes hand in hand

miraje 10-01-09 01:14 AM

YOUR RIGHT GIRLS BUT IN ALL THE CASES I ALSO PREFER THE OLD ONES THEIR ARE ROMANTIQUE AND A FULL STORIES IN THE NEW ONES IT IS LIKE THEY WRITTING FOR IDIOTS PEOPLE السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

الساعة الآن 11:58 AM.